A brand new event to help sewists easily find eco sewing supplies. Along with inspiring talks and workshops.
The idea for this new sewing event came from a group of small businesses who promote sewing sustainably. The nature of making our own clothes is a protest against the fast fashion industry. Considering where we buy our fabric and sewing supplies is the next step. Buying vintage and deadstock fabric and haberdashery is a sustainable alternative to buying new fabrics as we are already using items that are already in circulation. Preventing them from reaching landfill. New fabrics and haberdashery are also on offer at the fair. These have been carefully and sustainably sourced with the end use in mind.
We had a great time at our first fair in April 2023. We will be back again around the same time next year. Follow us on Instagram for more details about other sustainable sewing events and workshops throughout the year.
Where and When
- 2024 date to be announced
- Craft Central, 397-411 Westferry Road, London, E14 3AE
- Close to Island Garden DLR station, on the D7 and 277 bus route (from Hackney, Mile End and Canary Wharf stations)
- Canary Wharf station is a short bus ride away (see above)
- Close to Masthouse Terrace Pier on the River Thames, arrive by boat from Greenwich or central London
- Fully accessible venue
- A beautiful 18th Century forge 2 minutes walk from the River Thames.